Residents will have a chance to get rid of big trash items starting next weekend, thanks to Titus County Commissioners setting March 24-31 as Titus County Cleanup Week.
Acceptable items include large trash items. Items such as old air conditioners and refrigerators with freon should be left next to the dumpster, not inside it, at the Precinct 2 Barn. Unacceptable items include tires, batteries, paint and oil. Large dumpsters will be placed throughout the county starting next Saturday, March 24.
- Precinct 1: Hwy. 271 and Business 271 N.
- Precinct 1: County Road 1670 in the Piney Community
- Precinct 2: Tri-Lakes Volunteer Fire Department in Blodgett
- Precinct 2: Precinct 2 Barn – Note: This is where items such as old air conditioners and refrigerators with freon should be left next to the dumpster
- Precinct 2: Winfield community
- Precinct 3: Old Precinct 3 Barn
- Precinct 3: Sugarhill Community Center
- Precinct 4: Corner of FM 1000 and Hwy. 49
- Precinct 4: Cookville walking track